Sunday 15 December 2013

My first glue gun or how it all starts

Pin It!
So today I bought my first glue gun and my boyfriend decided that it’s BIG for a girl and that I should document it. I am not a very crafty person, but from time to time I like to take up a DIY project, especially during the holidays. At school I was never the one who makes pretty things and handicraft lessons were torture. My knitting was always crooked and I won’t even start on my sewing… However it turns out that I am pretty good at following instructions or when I see something I like, I visualize pretty well how to make it. I was especially surprised last year by my gingerbreads in jars. I was sick with flu the whole December and I didn’t have any time to think of presents so I made gingerbreads for everyone, put them in pretty jars and tied red bows on every each of them (the bows were the hardest part…). 
Christmas gingerbread cookies

It was a big hit with my family, no one believed I have actually made them myself… My Mom actually thought I bought them, so that tells a lot about how I am with crafts J Anyhow, it looked great, so I started believing in myself a little bit more and making more stuff by myself. So if you are like me – not the best crafts-girl but like making pretty things, you will also like this blog.

Back to the glue gun.
Whenever I wanted to make something and find a tutorial to do it, the glue gun would pop up there. I never had one of my own; instead I used some strong glue. And what’s more, I come from a little country in Eastern Europe called Lithuania, where sometimes getting stuff can be difficult. Now I know what you’re thinking – Easter Europe, goodness gracious – Borat…. Well no, nothing like that, it’s just that when the market is so small, some stuff are either much more expensive or hard to find. But I saw these glue guns in the local store and I couldn’t resist. I got home and I even told my boyfriend to find out if I buy one, will I later be able to get additional glue sticks for it. After the research was made and I was good to go, I got one for 15,99LTL (~ 7 USD). So there it is. 
glue gun

It’s tiny, but I think it’ll be more than enough for what I have planned for this holiday season! Stay tuned for more J


No comments:

Post a Comment